Thrift Store Sales Associate
Lines of Authority
This position is supervised by the Thrift Store Manager.
The Thrift Store Sales Associate purpose is to prepare, sort, and organize merchandise as well as provide an engaging shopping experience for our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Adheres to personnel policy and complies with agency requirements for ethical and professional behavior.
2. Answer incoming calls and ensure that any questions in the store are handled promptly and professionally.
3. Handling sales transactions at the POS register. Following proper cash and credit card procedures.
3. Proper handling of store inventory, providing excellent customer service, documenting accurate sales records, maintaining merchandise organization, fitting room maintenance, store recovery and any other daily functions of the Thrift Store operations to ensure success and vitality.
4. Receive donated goods. Follow proper procedures for preparation of donated goods from intake to floor ready merchandise.
5. Protecting donation and sales customer's confidentiality.
6. Participates in quality management and quality improvement activities as well as periodic sales associate training.
7. Cleaning, Disinfecting and laundering items as directed by the Thrift Store Manager.
8. Stocking and maintaining a organized store front.
Qualifications and Experience
Able to perform physical functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation as necessary.
Able to correctly use office equipment (e.g. cash register, copier, PC/word processor)
Able to employ multi?line telephone system.
Cooled and/or heated office setting
Area may be noisy or congested with people on occasion.
Will accommodate as appropriate and reasonable.
I understand that State and Federal Laws strictly prohibit unauthorized access, use, modification, disclosure, or destruction of confidential, sensitive or protected health information. Penalties for violation may include disciplinary action, including termination of employment, and/or criminal or civil action.