TITLE: SOCIAL WORKER
STATUS: NON-EXEMPT Bachelor's level
EXEMPT Master's level
SMI Substance Abuse DD
LINES OF AUTHORITY: This position reports to the Social Services Director and coordinates with the Hospital Administrator and the Director of Nursing.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position provides assessment and discharge services for patients, families and involved agencies. Provides coordination and communication with ChangePoint's clinical outpatient staff, medical service staff, and other community agencies and medical facilities. This position may be responsible for supervising staff of the Social Services Department.
1. Adhere to personnel policies and complies with agency requirements for ethical and professional behavior as evidenced by interaction with patients, meetings with ChangePoint outpatient clinics and lack of complaints that determine unethical, unprofessional behavior.
2. Facilitates discharge planning per Clinical Team staffing for all ChangePoint Psychiatric Hospital, discharges, including making arrangements for follow-up care as evidenced by review of clinical files and documentation.
3. Works with Social Services Director to coordinate activities for all ChangePoint Psychiatric Hospital patients, as evidenced by review of clinical files and documentation.
4. Conducts comprehensive assessments and Behavioral Health Service Planning for all ChangePoint Psychiatric Hospital patients. Coordinates and facilitates clinical enrollments on all admissions as necessary as evidenced by QM/UM clinical record reports.
5. Works in coordination with unit clerk to oversee required
documentation for admission and discharge during patient's inpatient
treatment as evidenced by quality assurance reviews.
6. Serves as social work representative at multi-disciplinary team
meetings which includes treatment plan input as evidenced by
Completion of team meeting documentation and coordination of care
7. Provides comprehensive range of therapies relating to discharge as
indicated on treatment plan. Coordinates social work activities with
Social Worker for all inpatient patients as evidenced by review of
case management/social service notes and group notes.
8. Arranges follow-up care as part of the discharge process. Communicates and coordinates with referral agencies, ChangePoint outpatient services and families regarding clinical reviews and discharge planning as evidenced by documented coordination of care.
9. Provides in-service training, including Seclusion and Restraint and
Crisis Prevention training for ChangePoint Psychiatric Hospital staff in
coordination with Director of Nursing as evidenced by review of staff
10. Displays a working knowledge and understanding of restorative and
rehabilitative philosophies as evidenced by clinical file review and
review of supervision logs.
11. Performs T-36 activities and/or evaluations and assessments as
needed for inpatient patients as evidenced by review of clinical
records and T-36 documentation.
12. Serves on program related committees and work groups within the
Clinic-wide as evidenced by review of meeting minutes and
13. Maintains skill level, remains current on clinical practices and meets
state standards for continued education as evidenced by meeting
training requirements related to social service skills/practice and
social services monitors/profiling data.
14. Actively supports the company, the patient and the co-
worker as evidenced by documentation of coordination efforts at the
hospital and with ChangePoint outpatient clinics.
15. Provides quality patient service to internal and external patients
and stakeholders as evidenced by direct observation.
16. Participates in the Performance Improvement processes in the clinic
as evidenced by review of supervision logs and direct observation.
17. Maintains performance/documentation practices consistent with Joint Commission Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (TJC standards), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) conditions of participation and the ChangePoint Psychiatric Hospital policies and procedures as evidenced by clinical record review/profiling data.
18. This position requires positive and active support of the company, the
patient and the co-worker.
19. Promotes quality and safety to help maintain a safe and pleasant work
environment, follows safety regulations, and actively contributes
towards a safe workplace as evidenced by clean work area, reporting
unsafe conditions, conditions needing improvement and implementing
performance improvement activities .
20. Performs other duties as assigned by their supervisor, the Program
Administrator and/or designee, as evidenced by review of supervision
logs and direct observation.
Qualifications and Experience
REQUIREMENTS FOR SPECIAL POPULATIONS:
Under the direction of the Social Services Director, the Social Worker will receive supervision in conducting assessments and/or providing treatment to the following and through training, experience and agency-specific observations become more knowledgeable, develop proficiency and competency in the following areas:
Staff responsible for providing services to chemically dependent members have appropriate training, education, performance and demonstrate competencies as listed:
Staff must be able to gather and assess information about:
Staff must demonstrate competency in their ability to:
SERIOUSLY MENTALLY ILL
Staff responsible for providing services to Seriously Mentally Ill (SMI) members have appropriate training, education, performance and demonstrate competencies as listed:
By signing this job description, I acknowledge that I meet the qualifications, and am able to perform all job functions, duties and responsibilities. I further understand that I am responsible for promptly and effectively communicating in writing to the Agency any need for accommodation. This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.